Prevention of Red Rust on Piping
NMR Pipetector® for red rust prevention & rehabilitation
Before renewing the piping, consider employing a “rust prevention device.”
- Installed in more than 4,200 buildings worldwide
- Extends lifespan of water pipes for over 40 years
- Costs 1/5 to 1/10 of pipe replacement
- Non-electric rust prevention device
Water pipes used in many buildings such as large commercial facilities, condominiums, hospitals, and hotels can develop red water, pipe blockage, and leakage due to red rust after 30 years of construction. Prompt plumbing repair work is necessary to ensure anxiety-free daily life for residents and to maintain the value of the building itself.
That is why we recommend the NMR Pipetector® before renewal of the piping.
Burden of general water pipe renewal work
- From several hundred thousand to 1 million yen
- Maintenance costs after construction
- Water cutoffs, and restrictions on water
use during construction (impact on daily life)
- Partial demolition of floors and walls
Adoption of NMR Pipetector®
- Significant reduction in piping renewal costs
- No running costs needed
- No water supply suspension or water use restrictions
- Safer and more hygienic water
- No demolition of floors or walls required.
- 10-year product warranty, 40-year service life
How the NMR Pipetector® works and what it can do
By discharging free electrons (hydrated electrons) of the water itself that flows through the pipes, red rust is transformed into black rust, a water-insoluble substance, greatly reducing deterioration from the inside of the pipes. Black rust is corrosion-resistant by forming dense coating to cover the surface of iron and has been used since ancient times for Nambu iron kettles and Chinese woks. It is also expected to reduce blockages inside pipes because of its smaller volume than red rust.
NMR Pipetector® is a registered trademark of Japan System Planning Co., Ltd.